Laser Skin Resurfacing Benefits
Laser skin resurfacing is a popular cosmetic procedure that rejuvenates your skin and restores its youthful glow. This procedure reduces the look of sun damage, aging, and facial skin disorders. Laser skin resurfacing (or laser peels, as they’re often called) work by removing the dead and damaged layers of skin, which stimulate the production of collagen in the new skin cells. It brings healthier and more radiant skin to the surface and leaves you looking years younger. And because of this the procedure has many anti-aging benefits from removing age spots to smoothing wrinkles. In addition, to being a highly efficient cosmetic treatment laser skin resurfacing is also cost effective.
Good Candidates For Laser Skin Resurfacing
● People with considerable lines and wrinkles
● Those with uneven skin pigmentation
● Those with significant facial scarring such as those with acne scars.
● Those who have healthy, elastic and non-oily skin.
● People who do not scar easily.
● People who do not suffer from any serious health conditions.
● Those who want to have remove birthmarks from their face.
● People with lighter skin tones are better candidates than individuals with darker skin tones because there’s less likelihood to developing any side effects such as skin discoloration.
Those with minor skin imperfections as well as those with a darker skin are not a good candidate for laser skin rejuvenation and should speak to their dermatologist about gentler alternatives.
Benefits of Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser Skin Resurfacing leaves your skin youthful and glowing. It combats the signs of aging such as wrinkles and age spots. It is an effective treatment for removing skin growth, such as warts and moles. It eliminates the look sun damage and facial scarring. It can even treat skin cancer in its early stages.
Other Things You Should Know
● The recovery time after a laser skin resurfacing varies depending upon what type of laser was used during the procedure. It can be anywhere from a couple of hours to a few weeks. You should consult your doctor about which laser will be utilized for your procedure.
● There will be redness and swelling immediately following the procedure that should go down in a few days.
● You will see your skin imperfections fade during your recovery time.
● The same laser skin resurfacing treatment can be performed on your neck and hands as well.
● The amount of treatments you will need depends on the severity of your skin condition. Those with minor signs of aging may only need one or two treatments, whereas those with deep wrinkles or considerable facial scarring may require more treatments.
● Those that are prone to keloid scarring should not undergo laser skin resurfacing.
● Laser Skin Resurfacing can be performed with carbon dioxide (CO2), erbium, or Fraxel® lasers so be sure to discuss the difference with your doctor.
Now that you know the benefits of laser skin resurfacing, hopefully you’ll be in a position to decide which procedure is right for you. If you have any further questions or concerns about laser skin resurfacing, we’d be happy to go over them with you.
To schedule an appointment, contact the specialists at Eastlake Cosmetic Surgery.