If you are considering or planning for breast augmentation in San Diego/Chula Vista, you probably have a lot of questions on your mind. Here are some important questions to ask your plastic surgeon during a consultation for breast augmentation (along with some basic answers – still, do your due diligence and talk to your surgeon about everything.)
How Safe are Implants?
Some surgeons feel that saline and silicone implants are among the most heavily studied medical devices in history! This is because they have been looked at so thoroughly in clinical trials and research studies over the years. The US Food and Drug Administration has approved a variety of implants and they are considered very safe.
How Long do the Implants Last?
Breast implants are not marketed as lifetime devices – still, some manufacturers offer lifetime replacement policies on the implants. Ask Dr. Talebzadeh how long he thinks your implants will last based on experience. Usually, doctors say there is no need to replace them unless issues arise.
Should I Choose Silicone or Saline?
There are advantages to each.
● Is less expensive
● Is specifically approved for use in women under the age of 22
● Feels more natural
● Is better for women who are thin
There are other variations of these two types of implants, too. Like with every other aspect of planning for your breast augmentation in San Diego/Chula Vista, seek out the advice of your surgeon during consultation to find the best type of implant for you.
What Size Implant Should I Get?
Breast augmentation is tailored to the individual. It is vital that you communicate with your surgeon, so he understands your specific goals – are you looking for a subtle enhancement or do you wish to look curvier? In addition to this information, you doctor knows to consider your overall build, chest circumference, shoulder width, height, weight, and current breast size.
What is the Cost of Breast Augmentation in San Diego/Chula Vista?
Factoring in cost is an important part of planning for surgery. However, it is not wise to choose your surgeon solely based on price! Surgical expertise and a safe operating room are the most crucial factors to consider. Eastlake Cosmetic & Surgery Services in San Diego/Chula Vista specializes in breast augmentation in San Diego/Chula Vista, making them a great option for your surgery. Do not compromise your results or your safety at a lesser facility.
How is the Surgery?
Breast augmentation is a standard procedure. It takes 1-2 hours in the operating room and is usually performed on an outpatient basis. Each surgeon performs according to his own preferences, so be sure to discuss this with him during your consultation.
Which is the Best Incision Site?
There are three possible incision sites for breast implants: under the breast along the breast fold; in the armpit; or along the areola surrounding the nipple. Thoroughly discuss the pros and cons of each possibility with your surgeon before choosing a site for your implant incision site.
What is Recovery Like?
Most people return to work (and light activity) in about a week. The newer, cohesive silicone shaped “gummy bear” implants allow return to full activity even quicker. Your surgeon can help you decide if these are an appropriate choice for you.
How Soon Can I Get Pregnant After Getting Breast Implants?
Many women get breast augmentation surgery when they are young, before they have had children. Discuss any plans for pregnancy with your surgeon, as these can affect the timing of your breast augmentation surgery in San Diego/Chula Vista. Ask Dr. Talebzadeh if he has general guidelines about this important topic.
Additional Questions to Ask Your Surgeon
*Recommended by the American Society of Plastic Surgeon
● Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
● Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
● How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
● Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
● Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
● What will be expected of me to get the best results?
● Where and how will you perform my breast augmentation surgery?
● What shape, size, surface texturing, incision site and placement site are recommended for me?
● How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
● What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
● How are complications handled?
● How many additional implant-related operations can I expect over my lifetime?
● How will my ability to breastfeed be affected?
● How can I expect my implanted breasts to look over time? After pregnancy? After breastfeeding?
● What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my implanted breasts?
● How will my breasts look if I choose to have the implants removed in the future without replacement?
● Do you have breast augmentation before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me?
At Eastlake Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Nojan Talebzadeh uses state-of-the-art technology combined with the highest level of expertise in his field. He always provides patients with a safe and comfortable experience. If you are interested in breast augmentation in San Diego/Chula Vista, call 619-216-8000 or email email@example.com today to find out more!